Saturday 26 January 2013

Duke's Meadow, Banbury :: 26 January 2013

The thaw was in full swing. Last night's snow didn't materialise, just a downpour of rain instead. Waxwing - disdainful in the shadeOn opening the curtains this morning I was greeted with sun, so off I went again to see if I could locate the waxwings from last weekend. Even before I left the car, I had them in sight. A quick few photos but then disaster - a couple of dog walkers rounded the corder and flushed the birds off into the distance.

Returning later in the day to see if I could pick them up again (failed), I would have been disappointed if I hadn't found an array of companions on my circular walk. They included: blue tit, great tit, chaffinch, goldfinch, starling, house sparrow, blackbird, woodpigeon, collard dove, fieldfare, rook, carrion crow, magpie, green woodpecker, treecreeper and bullfinch. Lets hope tomorrow's weather allows another search.

No comments:

Post a Comment