Thursday 14 September 2017

Grimsbury Reservoir :: 13 September 2017

Seems I can't get enough of the little grey phalarope currently residing at Grimsbury Reservoir. Day three of the little guy feeding along the east edge of the water. As I arrived two birders were finishing lunch and thinking about moving on. Grey phalaropeThey said they thought they had seen another circle but fly on. They also reported a sighting of another at Farmoor Reservoir.

I talked with another birder who was watching from the path, Terry I think (previously maintenance for DHL but retired in May). As we walked back to the car park who should be coming the other way but @987jonty. He said that he hadn't yet managed to get any views or photos in the sun. As I got to the car a downpour arrived. Talking later @987jonty was soaked, for the second day running. Maybe better luck tomorrow!?

No comments:

Post a Comment