Tuesday 10 April 2018

Grimsbury Reservoir :: 10 April 2018

It was raining at breakfast time and I was still weary from a badminton match the night before so I decided not to venture to the reservoir. However, by the time I got to work there were reports that the scoter had gone but a common sandpiper had turned up.

At lunchtime the rain had stopped so I jumped in the car and made a quick visit. As I got round to the reservoir I could see @987jonty ahead - he had just arrived and we went round the circuit together. Across the water you could see grey wagtail and the common sandpiper [#105]. It was quiet on the water but as we walked down between the river and reservoir there were good numbers of chiffchaff, willow warbler, plus goldcrest and blackcap [#106].

Another blackcap appeared as we left the site, as did a grey wagtail.

No comments:

Post a Comment