Saturday 15 October 2011

Napton Reservoir & Draycote Water :: 14 October 2011

Having been off travelling with work for most of the last four weeks I thought I would finish early and have a look to see if I could see the black necked grebe in residence at Napton Reservoir, after all it was a beautiful afternoon. Although I got to see it, the grebe stayed at some distance during my visit. If I get time I might top off again to see if I can get a record shot of it.

SpoonbillLooking on Birdguides I noted that a spoonbill had dropped into Draycote Water and so I popped in there too and was luck enough to find it just a mile or so from the carpark, showing well.

The species count for the visit was 36, including: coot, moorhen, wigeon, black headed gull, tufted duck, mallard, great crested grebe, little grebe, black necked grebe, mute swan, buzzard, kestrel, spoonbill, canada goose, teal, lesser black backed gull, wren, house sparrow, blackbird, woodpigeon, carrion crow, raven, rook, robin, great black backed gull, blue tit, cormorant, great tit, lapwing, meadow pipit, pied wagtail, grey wagtail, goosander, peregrine, sparrowhawk and wheatear.

No comments:

Post a Comment