Sunday 27 January 2019

Broughton Castle :: 27 January 2019

Sightings of brambling in a mixed flock on Sandfine Road, Broughton near Banbury lured me out this afternoon. It didn't Redwinglook promising as it was cold, there was quite a strong wind and spots of rain were falling. As I arrived though it stopped spitting with rain and was just windy and cold!

No sign of any brambling in the mixed flock at the beech wood - mostly great tits, a few blue tits and a handful of chaffinch. Another flock of c.20 birds turned out to be all goldfinch.

As I walked, I added redwing and mistle thrush [#77] to the year list. On the slope I also saw two roe deer lying on the stubble field. Roe deer

As I turned back I watched for any movement in the trees and was often distracted by blue and great tits darting about. I did however also see a single treecreeper.

Sightings included: blackbird, blue tit, buzzard, carrion crow, chaffinch, goldfinch, great tit, long-tailed tit, mistle thrush, redwing, robin, treecreeper and woodpigeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment