Sunday 24 February 2019

Draycote Water :: 24 February 2019

I looked at Twitter on Saturday night and found that three Slavonian grebe had been found at Draycote Water so I heading there after breakfast. ChiffchaffSetting off, a chiffchaff [#95] sang and worked it's way along the edge of the car park.

From the Visitors Centre I could see a birder looking out at some birds on the corner of Farnborough Dam. I walked along, noting the rise in little grebe numbers since I was last there.

When I reached the corner it hadn't been the slavonian grebes. I decided to continue on and make a full circuit, despite having only paid for a couple of hours parking. A good view of a fast moving goldcrest was the highlight of the far side. Still a number of goldeneye and goosander present.

Relatively quiet in bird numbers which I thought surprising at this time of year.

Sightings (31) included: black-headed gull, blackbird, blue tit, canada goose, carrion crow, chiffchaff, common gull, coot, cormorant, dunnock, gadwall, goldcrest, goldeneye, goosander, great crested grebe, great tit, greenfinch, greylag goose, lesser black-backed gull, little grebe, long-tailed tit, mallard, moorhen, mute swan, pied wagtail, reed bunting, robin, rook, teal, tufted duck and woodpigeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment