Thursday 19 September 2019

Draycote Water :: 18 September 2019

Not much of a birdwatching session as I just found time to dash up to Draycote Water to catch up with the long staying ruff. I've not had the occasion to see one this year and the opportunity was there for the taking. I left work and shot up to the reservoir, filling up the car on the way - reporting to me that it was running on vapour. Ruff

As I arrived the car was showing a balmy 19°C on the dial - just as well as I hadn't taken a coat or jumper when I left home after breakfast. I had contacted @Draycotebirding to establish where it was favouring - near the overflow and along Hensborough Bank - and so had no trouble locating it. I didn't really stop on the way to note other species, just ensured I didn't walk past it!

As I got to the Bank I could look back and there it was - a couple of photos and I managed to get close enough without being in full view. Happy with that.

I paid a bit more attention on the return but there was nothing worthy of special mention.

Species seen (15) included: black-headed gull, blackbird, carrion crow, coot, cormorant, goldfinch, little grebe, long-tailed tit, mallard, mute swan, pied wagtail, ruff, tufted duck, woodpigeon and wren.

No comments:

Post a Comment