Wednesday 11 May 2016

Draycote Water & Grimsbury Reservoir :: 11 May 2016

A beautiful Thanksgiving Service for my friend Marion today. Afterwards I decided not to try and get back to work before the office closed and instead made a late afternoon visit to Draycote Water. Caught up with the white-winged black tern, although distant, but had closer views of up to 29 black tern, along with artic and common terns. Also had four dunlin and two oystercatchers over. On the way back to the car I was treated to views of skylark, goldfinch, yellow wagtail, linnet and a mass of hirundines, predominantly swifts.

Sanderling The traffic was busy around the Tescos roundabout when I got back to Banbury so I decided to detour to Grimsbury Reservoir. This turned out to be a good idea as sightings included sanderling, common sandpiper, greenfinch, goldfinch, grey wagtail, whitethroat, lesser whitethroat, blackcap and bullfinch. Also met up with @987jonty and @grimsbury_birds who had spotted a spotted flycatcher but it had gone into hiding since I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment