Monday 17 August 2020

Grimsbury Reservoir :: 17 August 2020

By 7.10am I had an update of drake common scoter at Grimsbury from Mike Pollard @mikepnature. Weather is quite unsettled and these events are always possible - lets hope for more this week!

I had a scheduled appointment at 9.00am and so was limited to a quick drop-in to the reservoir. Fortunately Mike had indicated that the best bet was the eastern bank and so I wasted no time and located the bird at the north east corner. Initially sleeping, noisy walkers and a close pass from tufted ducks gave me an opportunity for a photo ... harsh lighting but good to see it before the dog walkers scared it off.

Common scoter

Also present was a little egret which for me is a rare sighting on the site.

Lets hope for more as migration takes hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment